J4JP Passover 5768 Checklist
Justice4JPnews - April 16, 2008
Mitzvat Pidyan Shvuyim
- Call the White House for Jonathan Pollard 202-456-1111 or 202-456-1414
- Special Prayers for Jonathan Pollard [Yehonatan Ben Malka] and all captives at candle-lighting time and in Beit Knesset
- Buy HAMODIA Passover Edition [English and Hebrew] for the Special feature on Pollard this week in both languages!
Simanim for the Seder
- Roasted Baitzah
- Radishes or other Karpas
- Salt Water
- Set a special place for Jonathan Pollard at the table
- Festive Wine Cup Stand-up prayer on table
The Festive Wine Cup Stand-up prayer to decorate your seder table is being distributed free of charge by the Committee to bring Jonathan Pollard Home at all Otzar Haaretz stores in Israel. It includes a prayer for Jonathan and all of Israel's captives. [For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com]
- Check for Chometz Thursday night
- Burning of the Chometz Friday Morning ("Kol Chamira" to be said on Shabbat)
- Cut nails
- Open Wine
- Cut Paper Towels
- Open Tissues
- Open boxes of plastic bags
- String or rubber bands around Chometz Doors - Mark as "Sold"
- Clean Kittel
- Reclining Pillow(s)
- Seder Candles
- Everybody has Hagaddah that is right for them
- Knowing where everybody sits
- Brush teeth thoroughly
- Make sure Chometz broom is available for Shabbat morning
- Pesach toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash
- Nothing left in the car
- Open soda bottles (for those who do not do so on Shabbat)
- Open diapers (for those who do not do so on Shabbat)
- Ensure that everything is Non-Shatnez
- Call three people who would really appreciate it to wish them a Chag Kasher v'Somayach
- Remove all tags from new clothing and from cleaners.
- Open Matza boxes and check for Kefulot
- If appropriate (if desired), Matza and/or Maror measured out and put into plastic bags in order to save time at the Seder.
- Empty (or throw out) vacuum cleaner bag.
- Eruv Chatzeiros.
- Close all lights in the refrigerator and freezer
- Set clocks to go off very late on Seder night
- Vidui maasarot for those in Eretz Yisroel
- Special 2-wick candle for Havdalah (Yaknahaz Candle)
- Make sure you have a Pesachdik Blech
- If you have and use the 'Sabbath' mode on your oven for Yom Tov (acceptable to your Posek), set it
- Ask Rav any shailot
- Daven for Yehonatan ben Malka and his wife Esther Yocheved bat Rayzl Bracha again and again and again and again until he is home and they are reunited at long last!
In the merit of your heartfelt prayers and careful preparations for this holy Holiday of Freedom, may we be blessed to greet Yehonatan ben Malka at home in Israel, very very soon, and may you and yours be abundantly blessed along with all of Klal Yisrael!
SHABBAT SHALOM! CHAG KASHER V'SOMAYACH!