Text: Jonathan Pollard's Letter to Lindenstrauss: Follow the money trail!
To: Judge Micha Lindenstrauss, Israel State Comptroller
VIA FACSIMILE AND REGULAR MAIL
Date: March 27, 2008 B"H
Fax No: 02-666-5150 / 666-5204
No. of Pages (incl. this one): 2
From: Jonathan Pollard 09185-016
FCI Butner POB 1000
Butner, North Carolina
Relayed by Attorney Larry Dub - Tel 02-633-5990 Fax 02-6255-948
Dear Judge Lindenstrauss,
RE: Government accusations that you are "torpedoing efforts" for my release
Allow me to respond as follows:
In conclusion: I urge you, Judge Lindenstrauss, not to be deterred and not to be side-tracked. Bookkeeping is not a matter of opinion. Receipts and signatures are black and white. Follow the money trail! That is where you will find the truth about the Government's "failure" to secure my release from the hands of our closest friend and ally for the last 23 years.
- The Israeli media attack on your credibility and motive which occurred on Wednesday (26 March 2008) where anonymous government officials accuse you of "torpedoing delicate efforts" to secure my release is NOT about efforts to secure my release. Nor is this attack (as MK Orlev suggested) political revenge by Olmert against you. It is about MONEY!
- The letter I sent to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on March 24th (cc to your office) asking him to account for 23 years of funds that have apparently been misappropriated and illegally reallocated, was called to the PM's attention when journalist Udi Segal (Arutz2) contacted his office for a response, before presenting my letter on the 8 o'clock evening news.
- In my letter, I asked the Prime Minister why his office insists on disseminating lies saying that my wife, I and my associates are receiving full financial support from the government, when in fact we have never received a single cent from the Government of Israel in the 23 years that I have been in prison.
- If the Government claims it is allocating resources for me and my wife, but we have never received the money, then who is getting the money?
- As former PM Ehud Barak memorialized in a letter (which we supplied to your office) there is no secret bank account for me in Israel. No funds waiting for me. So again, the question must be raised, where are 23 years of funds that the government owes, and which it claims it is providing to me and my wife?
- This apparent financial malfeasance on the part of the Government may well be just the tip of the iceberg. If you follow the money trail, you may uncover something much bigger than mere financial corruption.
- Has the Government of Israel been using the Pollard case as a cover for some much larger "SLUSH FUND" all these years? Or is it something worse? It is the task of your investigation to find this out.
- Allow me to reassure you one more time: your investigation of the Israeli Government's handling of the Pollard case can not torpedo efforts to secure my release. There are no efforts to secure my release.
- One man and one man alone can free me - George Bush; and one man has to make the official request for my release - Ehud Olmert. Our sources in Washington confirm that Olmert has not asked for my release.
- I can be home in time for Passover. The only thing standing in the way of my immediate release is that Olmert's unwillingness to have me home is well known to the President.
- The rumors that Bush will free me as a gesture to Israel either for the 60th anniversary or at the end of his term are unfounded. Bush will not make a gesture to Israel which Israel has not asked for and which the PM does not want!
- If your investigation will carefully investigate the money issues I have raised, it is my strong conviction that when the truth is finally revealed, it will cause a virtual earthquake in Israel. Perhaps we will finally understand the real reason that the Israeli establishment did not want me home
Cc MK Zevulun Orlev
See Also: Hebrew Version of this letter: